POPIA Privacy Notice
CARDOVA TRADING (PTY) LTD PRIVACY NOTICE
“We” and “Us” shall mean: CARDOVA TRADING (PTY) LTD, Registration Number: 2010/007686/07
‘’POPIA’’ shall mean: the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013;
‘’You’’ and “Your” shall mean: the ‘’Data Subject’’, the person to whom personal information relates;
‘’Personal’’ Information shall mean: personal information as defined in POPIA.
In your day-to-day dealing with Us we obtain information about you. We want to inform you what that information is and what we do with it.
We are committed to respecting concerns regarding privacy and will process all personal information in alignment with the provisions of the POPIA and any further prevailing legislation.
All personal information furnished collected, whether voluntarily or mandatory, and processed by us regardless of form or medium shall be processed in accordance with the provisions set out hereunder.
Collecting Personal Information
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details).
- Any information shared by you by entering a competition and/or for any application process. This information may include (without limitation) information such as your name, e-mail address, contact numbers, ID or passport number, gender, date of birth, physical address, billing address, banking details, and employment information.
We endeavour to collection and process information, which has been collected directly from you. We may however receive personal information indirectly via digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, websites etc.
In accordance with the provisions of the POPIA, we will your process personal information:
- for the purposes for which it was provided;
- in order to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- in order to comply with obligations imposed by law on the business;
- where the processing protects your legitimate interests;
- where the processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business; or
- where the processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
We do not intentionally collect personal information from minor children other than to confirm the identity of persons occupying the premises. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your minor child has provided us with personal information or we are unlawfully processing the information of said minor child, please contact us at the address below to request the deletion thereof.
Processing of Information
We will share your personal information:
1. in order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on us;
2. in order to protect and defend our rights or property;
3. with employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information, comply with POPIA or equivalent legislation; and
4. with third parties if you have specifically requested us to do so.
Your consent to the processing of your personal information
By agreeing to this privacy notice, you provide Us with your express consent and agreement that we may collect, get, receive, record, organise, collate, store, update, change, retrieve, read, process, consult, use and share your personal information in the manner set out in this privacy notice.
If you do not agree with this privacy notice, or are concerned about any aspect as it relates to your personal information, please do not continue to use the Cardova website or any services offered by us.
In the paragraph above you expressly give your permission to us to process your personal information in the manner and for the purposes set out in this privacy notice. By doing this, you know and accept that you are giving up certain parts of your right to privacy.
We will endeavour to:
1. treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
2. take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
3. promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information; and
4. provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request.
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
Selling Personal Information
We do not sell the information and will only share same with persons as set out herein.
Transborder Flow of Information
We may transfer your information outside South African borders for retention purposes and/or if our service provider/s are cross border or uses cross boarder systems. We will only share your information with service providers who have comparable privacy policies in place.
By entering into this agreement, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
You have the right at any time to:
- access your personal data by sending a written request to our Information Officer who’s contact details are set out below.
- request us to correct or supplement any of your personal data which we will undertake as soon as practicable.
3. request the return or destruction of personal information. We will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting us from destroying your personal data; and
4. lodge a complaint with us.
In order to comply with any request received, we may require proof of identity.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons.
Promotion of Access to Information Act
In compliance with the provisions of the Promotion of Access to Information 2 of 2002 (PAIA), a copy of our manual is available for your perusal ______________(insert link).
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to lodge a complaint, please contact ________________, in writing, via e-mail at _________________ .
If you are not satisfied with our response to your query, you may approach the following regulatory body for further assistance:
THE INFORMATION REGULATOR (SOUTH AFRICA) SITUATE AT: JD HOUSE, 27 STIEMENS STREET, BRAAMFONTEIN, JOHANNESBURG, 2001.
GENERAL QUERIES: firstname.lastname@example.org